How to overcome Stress and Anxiety!
Have you ever felt suicidal?? Have you ever felt that life is just not worth living? Are you ashamed of these feelings? Well you needn’t be, because you are not alone!!
We have all felt like stopping the world and getting off at one time or another. Even if we have a great family, a great job and everything in our lifestyle basket is lovely! Anxiety and stress can affect everyone and anyone, even the richest and most influential in our society. The fact is, stress and anxiety are major contributors to all kinds of problems. The Feeling that life is not worth living at one end of the spectrum, and perhaps, road rage at the other. Problems such as Agoraphobia, Panic attacks, poor sleep patterns, OCD, and many more can all be stress and/or anxiety related.
We all expect to be beautiful, Slim, Clever, we want to be Sporting Heroes, and run successful business’s in fact we want to excel in all we attempt. We also want to be appreciated by our friends and family, or perhaps even, secretly, envied by them!! These thoughts are not unreasonable, but are they realistic? All of the time? Probably not! The old adage that you can’t please all of the people all of the time is true!
Perhaps we are putting too much pressure on ourselves? Most people are trying too hard, to do too much, to be the best mother/father, the best employee/employer, the most attractive/slimmest of our peer group. We all try to excel in every area of our lives.
Sometimes this behaviour can result in a meltdown. The Stress and Anxiety can cause sleepless nights, this may lead to tiredness and poor performance the next day .Irritation at the poor performance may lead to anger and dissatisfaction. Feelings of helplessness may then lead us into a downward spiral. Leading us to feel we can never change things. We get ‘stuck’ and feel there is no way to get back to normal.
Hypnotherapy is a great way of learning to relax ,of putting things back into perspective. Coaching can help you to prioritise. Small steps in the right direction will make all the difference. Decide what is most important in your life. Help you to turn the negative thoughts you have been having into positive ones.
If you have a personality that is prone to Anxiety and Stress, and it is starting to impact on your life, take steps to change things for the better!! Call me now for a chat, I can help.
7 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP ALLEVIATE YOUR STRESS AND ANXIETY NOW.
1) Always try to do something nice for someone every day. It will pay big dividends.
2) Always try to look on the bright side of things. Cheesy but it works.
3) Always give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they really were held up in traffic or maybe their phone really did get lost.
4) Keep things in perspective. A headache is not a possible brain tumour
5) Don’t take the blame for everything that goes wrong around you. Something’s really are just accidents/bad luck. NO ONE is at fault.
6) Don’t jump to conclusions. Wait to get the facts before deciding what action (if any) Needs to be taken.
7) SMILE. No one can resist smiling back. Wait and see!!
If you would like to get started on your journey, please give me a call on 07967 808 250